Sunday 22 June 2008

Walkies! Phase II

Lately Owain is getting restless indoors. It may be frustration at not being able to walk or even crawl yet but whatever it is the boy likes to get out of the apartment. We go for walks everyday and it reminds me of when I was pregnant and John and I would take my Dad's dogs for "walkies!" Owain's reaction to getting out in the fresh air is just like the little doggies. He gets really excited and can't sit still in the stroller.

The weather has finally warmed up here, to a measely 68 degrees, but I won't complain since the clouds have finally given way to the sun and 68 feels quite balmy to where we were a week ago. All of our walks in the sun during the past week have produced Owain's first freckle, a small dot on his right forearm. I slather him in sun cream but there's no denying the freckly genetics. His perfect complexion lasted 8 whole months!

We have visitors arriving tomorrow from Southern California, Andrea and Francisco and their new daughter Isabel. She is only 3 months old and I am thrilled to be around a teeny tiny baby again. We'll take loads of pictures and update after their visit. One more cute pic because I couldn't resist.

No comments: