Friday 28 December 2007

Owain's 2 Month Checkup


I decided to post about Owain's checkup today since John is out at Radioshack, yet again. Owain is really 10 weeks old as of yesterday but it took me a while to get settled enough to find a pediatrician. His new stats are-weight 14lbs 6oz, height 24 1/2inches, and head circumference is 16 1/4 inches. He is above average in all areas especially weight where he falls into the 90th percentile. He had to get his first immunization shots today and he cried quite a bit. I have a feeling it may have been the nurse's cold hands that kicked off the screamfest. He is napping now after having a dose of Tylenol. He was not a happy bunny after those shots. I must admit that I have been an anxious wreck since last night anticipating this Dr's visit today. Thank goodness it's over! At least for 2 more months anyways.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owain might turn out to be a big McFarlane - perhaps the biggest yet, if he's taller than Uncle Wally. Come to think of it, I'm not sure that Uncle Wally was many inches taller than me? And John is bigger than me even before I started to shrink. If cousin Cathie (Uncle Wally's daughter) is lookng at this blog, perhaps she can remember her dad's height?

Rob said...

He Sounds like he is taller now than I was when I was nine years old.

Kate said...

Zora was a biggy too. She was in the 95th percentile in height and weight until she was 10 or 11 months old - then things evened out.
I like a big baby, because you don't have to worry about whether they are getting enough to eat or not!

He is too, too cute.