Thursday 27 November 2008

Grandma and Granddad

If it's been very quiet here in the last few weeks, that's because we've been mentally preparing ourselves for the arrival of my Mum and Dad who flew in on Monday for a week. Heather cooked a sumptuous thanksgiving diner for us this evening. Yesterday, we went to the locks and I let Owain out of his cage for a few minutes.

The boy and his grand-paternals have been getting on like a house on fire. Here, Ian passes down a ritual form of torture that I myself remember being subjected to as a child.

We're going to the parade in town tomorrow. It reminded me that it has been a year since we moved in to our flat in Ballard. A year ago tomorrow, we were late meeting with our landlord to sign the contract because we were stuck in traffic in down-town Seattle which in turn was because some bloody parade was going on. Tsk!

No comments: