Friday 18 January 2008

Three Months Today!

Owain has reached his 1/4-year birthday which is the drool anniversary. Here are some more baby pictures.


On Sunday, he flies to Arizona to be held and cooed at by lots of women. His P.A., Heather, will be accompanying him for the week. I will be spending the time working a little later than usual, playing Team Fortress 2 on company equipment and then coming home to beers, cheese on toast and more of the sort of computer-based gratification that can only truly be satisfied while the wife's away.

Speaking of which, I got a bit of a surprise this evening. Back in the 90's while I was a student of Artificial Intelligence, I did some work for a company called Intelligent Research Ltd. which was run by a long-time computer chess boffin by the name of David Levy. The work was mostly related to NLP and lasted until I finished my studies and got a job in video games. (Yes, this is going somewhere.)

Eventually, the company disappeared off the radar and I didn't hear anything more from David... until I saw this:


!

No comments: